We’re back on The Place again tomorrow doing a segment about healthy snack ideas and making our delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Quinoa Granola. It’s that time of year when the weather starts getting nicer and we tend to leave our house more often or spend all day out at different outings. When this happens, it is so easy to pick up a little fast food snack or just grab whatever processed food transports easiest.
But it doesn’t have to be that way! How do you change that? Planning. Plain and simple, healthy food requires planning. Get the snacks ready ahead of time and so that when you want to leave it’s ready to go!
- 1 piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter and jam
- Mix a small serving of tuna mixed with natural yogurt and 1 tablespoon of basil, and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Spread onto 3 celery sticks or whole grain bread or whole grain crackers
- 4 carrot sticks, 2 cherry tomatoes, and 4 green beans served with guacamole dip
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce with 1½ teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 slice of wholegrain bread, toasted
- 1 cup of homemade yogurt mixed with 1/3 cup of fruit
- 2 multi graincrackers topped with a cheese stick and a handful of grapes
- ½ cup of homemade salsa and 1 cup of cut up vegetables to dip into salsa
- 1 small apple sliced, peanut butter thinly spread on each slice, raisins sprinkled on top
- 1 quesadilla on a whole grain tortilla with 2 slices of cheese and homemade salsa
- a small serving of natural yogurt with pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds, and a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 multigrain crackers topped with grated cucumber, natural yogurt
- a small bowl of frozen berries and natural yogurt, topped 1 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut
- 8 cashew nuts, 3 carrot sticks, and 2 thick slices of cucumber.
- a cup of oatmeal and a 1 tablespoon of honey
- Make a mini fruit salad with cut up fruit, with or without yogurt
- Mix 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of cream cheese together. Dip a banana or apple slices into it. Or just dip the fruit into yogurt.
- A small bowl of natural yogurt with 1/2 cup unsweetened granola.
- 3 handfuls of unbuttered/unsweetened popcorn, seasoned with 1 tablespoon of parmesean cheese
- 6 almonds, 4 small florets of broccoli, and 2 cherry tomatoes.
- a small serving of natural yogurt, with a 1 teaspoon of flaxseed and a pinch of cinnamon
- 4 whole grain crackers spread with mashed avocado and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- 2 multi grain crispbreads or whole grain crackers topped with cream cheese and herbs
- 2 small kiwis sliced, and 6 almonds.
- 1 banana, 1 cup of milk, 5 strawberries, and 1 tablespoon of honey blend together in blender.
- Cut 1 pita pocket cut in half. Mix together ½ cup of cut up vegetables, 2 tablespoons of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of basil, 1 teaspoon of parsley, and ¼ teaspoon of garlic salt.
What are your snack suggestions?