My husband kept asking “What’s in this rice?” in an amazed sort of voice. We eat a lot of brown rice, so this was a good change. The picture doesn’t quite show the details, but this rice contains all sorts of yummy pieces in it. It’s a healthy, clean eating version of fried rice that you will love.
Also, we are so excited that our publisher, Familius is running a Friends and Family sale this holiday season! And since you are our friends, we’d like to share it with you! This means you can get our books for 40% percent off until December 5th. Grain Crazy, Quinoa Crazy, and Chia Crazy, and our Grain Crazy app all make great gifts for your friends that eat love healthy food!
3 tablespoons of oil
3 green onions, chopped
1/3 of purple onion chopped finely
1/2 leek chopped in small pieces
2 zucchini, diced
2 tablespoons of oil
dash of salt
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
4-5 cups of cooked brown rice
salt and pepper to taste
soy sauce for topping
1. In a bowl beat the eggs with the salt.
2. In a frying pan or wok heat up the oil.
3. Pour the vegetables into the hot oil. Stir and cook about 2 to 3 minutes. (Until softened) Take out of the pan and set a side. Keep cover and hot.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and scramble the eggs.
5. Pour in the cooked rice in with the eggs. Add the soy sauce. Toss in the vegetables.
6. You can serve hot or cold. We enjoyed soy sauce on it. I think next time Yum!
(For non vegetarian you could add some cooked shrimp at the end.)